Mintek’s Library, with its state-of-the-art multimedia information resources, provides a complete package of corporate intelligence for the minerals processing and related industries. The centre houses Southern Africa’s most comprehensive specialist collection of technical and business resources relating to extractive metallurgy, minerals processing and related topics.
The Library is open to all people who require specialised technical information about minerals technology and related fields.
The Library provides a one stop information service to Mintek staff, other stakeholders and members thereby assisting in making strategic business decisions. It supports Mintek’s objectives by providing high quality specialist information using all possible information resources.
Services offered include:
- Access to a large collection of books, journals, reports and patents relating to the mining, metallurgical and related industries.
- Access to electronic databases via Starweb (on-site or remote).
- Professional information searches on the above databases as well as international databases via Dialog.
- Book/journal loans.
- Photocopying services and facilities.
- Interlibrary loans (national and international).
- Alert services via premium databases.
- Library membership to people in related industries. click here to download membership form
- Remote access to Mintek’s databases, publications, catalogue of books/journals/reports, Mintek selected journal articles, forthcoming conferences, company reports (industry specific).
- World Bank databases such as World Development Bank Indicators, Global Development Finance Online (GDF) and World Bank e-library
- Access to premium databases such as:
– Technology Research Database (including Metadex)
This mega-file consists of CSA’s Materials Research Database with METADEX, High Technology Research Database with Aerospace, and the CSA Engineering Research Database. The database content represents the most current and comprehensive literature available. Dates covered are 1962 to present.
– Research Channel Online
Published by Creamer Media, its features include reports into key industrial sectors; reports into key mining sectors; projects in progress with selected updates from Africa; Mine Profile Directory, which profile mines from around the world; and a bank of industry-specific surveys.
An information resource focusing on scientific, technical and medical literature in full-text – subscription includes backfiles from 1995 to present.
TOC Premier, a database that provides table of contents information for over 26,400 of the most recently published journals. Types of journals range from business to scientific, technical and medical as well as general interest. This database contains over 29 million citation records, dating back to 1995.