To be a global leader in mineral and metallurgical innovation.
To serve our stakeholders by adding value to mineral resources through technology, industrial growth and human development in a sustainable manner.
In order to attain these objectives, Mintek commits itself to continually
- Satisfy clients’ needs by taking an approach to Quality, Environment, Safety, Health and Radiation Protection that identifies and meets the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and eliminate shortcomings that cause loss of business, clients, and profit
- Strive to continually improve Mintek’s processes and performance as an on-going activity
- Manage all on-site environmental aspects of Mintek’s activities on a pro-active basis
- Strive towards the prevention of pollution
- Comply with all regulations, legislation and conventions that affect Quality, Environment, Safety, Health and Radiation Protection
- Research, develop, and subsequently supply products and services to the national and international markets that will have, directly or indirectly, the least possible impact on the environment
- Strive to attain the lowest achievable accident rate
- Strive to minimise the occurrence of adverse health effects caused by Mintek’s processes
- Assess and reduce the risks and hazards of Mintek’s processes and projects
- Ensure at all times that staff are competent and trained to meet Mintek’s objectives, to identify the hazards related to their work, and to apply the relevant precautions and emergency procedures
- Maintain and review an effective and efficient Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health management system that as a minimum satisfies the requirements of applicable internationally recognised standards
Ensure that all personnel at all levels are aware of and committed to this policyMintek requires that every employee will become familiar with Mintek’s Quality, Environmental, and Safety and Health Management System and comply with its procedures, as well as with all instructions and assignments given in the interest of continually improving Mintek’s processes.
Mintek’s QESH Department, as custodians of this Policy, will provide this Policy to interested and affected parties when requested.