Sample Preparation Facility
- Concrete drying pad for bulk sample drying and sorting, maximum capacity 500 t.
- Pilot-scale crushing and screening plant, consisting of a 20 by 10 inch jaw crusher followed by a 2-foot Symons cone crusher in closed circuit with a vibrating screen. The maximum reduction ratio is from -150 mm to -6 mm.
- A variety of small crushers are also available – jaw, roll, cone, and pulverisers for handling small samples up to 50 kg. Samples up to 2 t can be treated with jaw crushers and roll crushers.
- In large-scale testwork, screen analysis can be carried out using large screens or a rotary trommel screen.
- In small-scale testwork, particle size can be determined using normal wet and dry screening techniques down to 38 mm. Sub-sieve sizing to produce size fractions for chemical analysis is performed using a Cyclosizer.
- A Particle Size Analyser is used for size analysis down to 1 ìm.
- Ceramic and steel mills are available for dry batch milling.
- Samples up to 200 kg can be blended using a double cone blender.
- Larger samples up to 100 t have been blended using a layering technique similar to the stacker/reclaimer system used in industry. This technique is recommended for preparing representative feed for pilot plant campaigns.