Areas of activities
Mintek offers a complete range of process development services, from preliminary bench-scale investigations to large-scale piloting and integrated flowsheet development in support of bankable feasibility studies.
Engineering design, plant construction and commissioning are carried out in conjunction with international partners. Comprehensive laboratory and piloting facilities for sample preparation, milling, flotation, physical separation, smelting, leaching, pressure leaching, and metal recovery and purification are supported by internationally accredited analytical laboratory and mineralogical services.
Mintek’s activities include:
- providing essential services (information, consulting and experimental);
- increasing the competitiveness of industry by developing appropriate technology to cut costs and improve recoveries;
- developing “breakthrough” process technologies and novel uses for metals and their products;
- marketing its commercial products and technologies to industry;
- establishing strategic partnerships and joint ventures;
- participating in regional development initiatives and Southern African Development Community activities and projects;
- maintaining and expanding international scientific links; and,
- developing the human resources potential of the region through educational and training activities.