Carbon activity must be monitored on a continuous basis during the gold extraction process to minimise dissolved gold losses, increase recovery, and to ensure optimum plant operation. The CAA (Carbon Activity Analyser) is a computer-based, automated instrument that facilitates the rapid and reliable determination of carbon activity.
The CAA provides independent, simultaneous measurements of the activity of up to four samples of carbon and a dynamic comparison of sample adsorption against a defined threshold curve. The CAA is significantly cost-effective since it requires minimal maintenance.
- Simple, rapid and reliable determination of carbon activity.
- Independent, simultaneous measurements of four samples.
- Dynamic comparison of sample adsorption against defined “threshold” curves.
- Sample measurement time of one hour.
- Human error eliminated.
- Significant time and cost reduction.
- No need for a highly skilled operator. Operator training is provided in the software supplied with the instrument.
- Minimum maintenance.